ADSM-L

Re: ANR9999D

2004-10-07 07:40:42
Subject: Re: ANR9999D
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:37:53 -0400
On Oct 7, 2004, at 3:15 AM, Hashim, Shukrie BSP-ISM/116 wrote:

Hi all ,

does anyone know what  should I do to get this error out of my system
my tsm version is Version 5, Release 1, Level 9.4

ANR9999D asvolmnt.c(601): ThreadId<95> Mount point deadlock possible.

Shukrie - This is an error message which has continued to appear over
          multiple version-releases, and seems to be due to the server
being confused as to the state of a drive due to bad information
coming from the drive/library.  Check your OS error messages log and/or
the TSM Activity Log to try to identify the drive involved and have it
checked out.  (You may even find a tape stuck in a drive.) Beyond that,
you'll have to pursue with TSM Support.

   Richard Sims