ADSM-L

Re: dsmc command question?

2004-10-06 17:02:07
Subject: Re: dsmc command question?
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:04:33 -0500
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004, Loren Cain wrote:

> Without seeing your code, it's difficult to know what
> problem you are encountering. However, the following
> code works for me on Solaris 9:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> $FILESPACE='/';
> my @cmd = "dsmc q backup $FILESPACE -su=yes -filesonly";
> foreach $line ( qx(@cmd) )
> {
>    print "RESULT: $line";
> }
> exit(0);
>
> If you are trying to do this on Windows, as it appears
> you may be, you could be running into issues with Windows
> pipes. In such cases, it is often more reliable to redirect
> the output of the command to a temporary file and then read
> the file back in.
>
> Loren Cain
> Digicon

I finally figured it out. I forgot that in some situations
the open command will do things itself and sometimes it will
let the shell do it. The way I'm trying to build this that
behavior of open caused me some grief. How I got around it
is to write a small batch file and then execute that batch
file.

I'll post the code soon. Thanks to all.

Mike