ADSM-L

Re: dsmc command question?

2004-10-06 13:38:47
Subject: Re: dsmc command question?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:41:17 -0600
I suspect you are mixing administrative commands with backup-archive
commands. The syntax is not necessarily compatible. The client and admin
books will provide information on the syntax for the respective commands.
Alternatively, you can quickly look up syntax like this:

- For the backup-archive client, run "dsmc help" and use the menu options
to navigate the help.
- From the admin client, run "help <command-name>" (for example, "help
query filespace")

With that said...

The admin and backup-archive components both support the QUERY FILESPACE
command (can be abbreviated to Q FI), but neither lets you specify the
file space ID.

The admin and backup-archive components also support DELETE FILESPACE
commands, but the client version does not let you specify by file space
ID.

The backup-archive QUERY BACKUP command does not let you specify file
space ID. However, provided that your current local drives map to the UNC
names shown by the QUERY FILESPACE output, you can use the drive letter
format to query the backups. For example, the following are equivalent:

   dsmc query backup \\storman\c$\mydir\ -subdir=yes
   dsmc query backup c:\mydir\ -subdir=yes

(povided that my current C: drive maps to \\stoman\c$).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/06/2004
10:29:26: