ADSM-L

Re: Exchange 2003 on MSCS Windows 2003 with TDP 5.2.1

2004-10-05 14:10:38
Subject: Re: Exchange 2003 on MSCS Windows 2003 with TDP 5.2.1
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:13:11 -0400
Marc,

Sorry, the book is misleading.

Data Protection for Exchange works in both Active/Passive and
Active/Active!

As a rule of thumb, if something supports Active/Active,
it also supports Active/Passive since Active/Passive
is a simplified case of Active/Active.

It works just fine.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/05/2004
01:26:55 PM:

> Hello Fellow TSM'ers!
>
> We are installing Exchange 2003 on a 2 node Windows 2003 cluster.  We
are
> planning to run the Exchange server in Active/passive mode.  According
> the notes found on page 10 of the Installation and User's Guide
> (SC32-9058-01):
>
> 4. MSCS Active/Passive Configuration (Exchange Server 5.5, Exchange 2000
> Server)
> 5. MSCS Active/Active Configuration (Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange
Server