ADSM-L

Re: Storage Agent

2004-10-05 13:25:27
Subject: Re: Storage Agent
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:27:25 +0200
On Monday 04 October 2004 20:46, LeBlanc, Patricia wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why it is that when I start the Storage Agent (W2K3
> client) v5.2.2.5 in the background, I have 4 sessions that start on the
> TSM Server (AIX) v5.2.2.5.?
These are server sessions.  Somehow the storage agent and the TSM server has
to communicate.  To storage can request a tape mount.  The TSM server needs
to confirm that tape mount, ....  That's why you will see extra sessions.
Check out the Sess Type column if you do q sess.
I can't log on on a TSM server right now, but if I'm not mistaken, we have 2
server sessions / storage agent.

Stef