ADSM-L

NDMP setup with EMC, HELP!!!!

2004-10-05 12:00:55
Subject: NDMP setup with EMC, HELP!!!!
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:54:06 -0400
Hi All!

I am working with a brand new NDMP setup with our new AIX 5.2 TSM 5.2.2.5
server.  We have an EMC NS704G.  We are currently using ACSLS and Gresham
for our tape setup due to the fact that we have an STK SL8500 and we use
LTO2 tape drives and media.  Here is what I have done so far:

1.define devclass nasclass library=acslib devtype=nas mountretention=0
estcapacity=200G
2.define stgpool nas_tape nasclass maxscratch=50 dataformat=celerradump
3.define domain nasdomain
4. define policyset nasdomain naspolicy
5.define mgmtclass nasdomain naspolicy nasmgmtclass
6.assign defmgmtclass nasdomain naspolicy nasmgmtclass
7.define volume naspool /tsmprod/stgpool/nasvol1 f=1000
8.define copygroup nasdomain naspolicy nasmgmtclass destination=nas_tape
verexists=10 tocdestination=naspool
9.activate policyset nasdomain naspolicy
10.register node hmdm2 admin domain=nasdomain type=nas
11. define datamover hmdm2 type=nas hladdress=xxx.xxx.xx.xx lladdress=10000
userid=ndmp password=ndmpndmp dataformat=celerradump

Here is where I cannot define the path to the datamover.  It says that the
device is invalid, but I can ping the datamover hmdm2 and it is zoned to
the correct tape drive.  It also doesn't want to use the ACSLIB definition,
but it wants a SCSI library definition.  In TSM documentation it suggests
that you can use ACSLS, so I am confused on that aspect as well.  Any
suggestions?  Thank you in advance!

12.define path hmdm2 acslib srctype=datamover desttype=library
device=c64t0l0

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems