ADSM-L

Re: Residency Announcement: TI-A404-R01 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Technical Guide - Update 2004

2004-10-01 05:38:21
Subject: Re: Residency Announcement: TI-A404-R01 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Technical Guide - Update 2004
From: Gianluca Mariani1 <gianluca_mariani AT IT.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:40:09 +0200

Hi,
I wanted to candidate myself for the residency.I know that I'm a couple of days late, but I only just got  my first and second line manager's approval.
can I submit through you or some other way?
thanks.

Cordiali saluti
Gianluca Mariani
Tivoli TSM Global Response Team, Roma
Via Sciangai 53, Roma
phones : +39(0)659664598
                  +393351270554 (mobile)
gianluca_mariani AT it.ibm DOT com
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy says  of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation product that "it is very easy to be blinded to the essential  uselessness of  them by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words – and this is the rock solid principle  on  which the  whole  of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded -their fundamental design flaws are  completely  hidden  by  their superficial design flaws"...

Charlotte Brooks <lotti AT us.ibm DOT com>

20/08/2004 08.17
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc
Subject
Residency Announcement:  TI-A404-R01 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Technical Guide - Update 2004

Be first on your block to know all the latest and greatest upcoming TSM
features. And get your name on a sure-to-be-popular-Redbook.

Residency Announcement:  TI-A404-R01 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Technical
Guide - Update 2004

Benefits to Resident:  Residents will expand their insight into the latest
Tivoli Storage Manager version and have access to marketing strategists and
development personnel throughout the life of the residency. They will be
able to learn new aspects of the Tivoli Storage Manager world and share the
expert knowledge that they have gained as Tivoli Storage Manager
professionals to solve business problems and implement solutions. The
residents will show how to integrate the very latest version of Tivoli
Storage Manager into heterogeneous Linux/UNIX and Windows NT/2000
environments and show how Tivoli Storage Manager will benefit customer
business needs.

The exposure to technical marketing and development staff will position the
residents at the leading edge of the Tivoli Storage Manager world, and will
put them in an excellent position to broaden their awareness of storage
software solutions.

This residency provides a unique opportunity to gain worldwide recognition
as a Tivoli Storage Manager professional by sharing your expertise and best
practices with the Tivoli Storage Manager community.

This residency begins 01 Nov 2004, ends 10 Dec 2004 (6 weeks), and requires
3 residents. The residency is running in San Jose CA.

Nominations should be submitted online on the Web by 26 Sep 2004.

The residency leader is Roland Tretau whose email address is
rtretau AT us.ibm DOT com.

Note:  ITSO pays authorized travel and living expenses for all residents,
but does not compensate for the time or services of its residents.  For
IBMers, ITSO residency travel is pre-approved.

successful IBM Redbook 'Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.1 Technical
Guide', SG24-6554-00

Objectives:  The objective of this residency is to update one IBM Redbook
that will provide customers, business partners, and IBMers with a guide on
how to accomplish the following:

- Understand the latest Tivoli Storage Manager concepts.
- Describe the new features and functions of Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Integrate Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Apply backup and restore concepts.
- Provide best practices to the Tivoli Storage Manager community.

The residency will cover some conceptual, theoretical, and Tivoli Storage
Manager architecture related topics. This will also be a "hands-on"
practical residency with a unique opportunity to build a Tivoli Storage
Manager test environment.

To submit a nomination, you must use the online web nomination form:

Customers and business partners can go directly to this announcement and
its online nomination form using this link:
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Residents.nsf/GetResidency?OpenAgent&ID=TI-A404-R01

IBMers with access to the IBM Intranet can go directly to this announcement
and its online nomination form using this link:
http://w3.itso.ibm.com/itsoapps/Residents.nsf/GetResidency?OpenAgent&ID=TI-A404-R01

All residency information is available by clicking Residencies on the IBM
Redbooks Internet site at http://ibm.com/redbooks.  Employees of IBM will
prefer using the IBM Intranet site http://w3.itso.ibm.com.  The websites
fully describe the residency process and offer online nomination forms.