ADSM-L

Re: Server Stanzas

2004-09-30 12:49:37
Subject: Re: Server Stanzas
From: Kathleen Hallahan <Kathleen_Hallahan AT FREDDIEMAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:51:38 -0400
You probably already looked at this, but could it be TCPServerAddress?

I've never actually used multiple stanzas for a Windows client before; we
always just set up multiple optfiles.  But we've never wanted data managed
separately that way to back up to the same node, either, so we've never
really needed to.

Good luck!

Kathleen

                      "Gill, Geoffrey
                      L."                      To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <GEOFFREY.L.GILL@        cc:
                      SAIC.COM>                Subject:  Server Stanzas
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/30/2004 12:45
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Client Windows XP SP1

TSM Client 5.2.2.0

adsm Server 5.1.6.3

tsm-west Server 5.2.3.3

Can't tell if I am doing something wrong but one thing is for sure, with
what I have set up I can only get to one of my servers now. The odd thing
is
it's the second one listed, which I just added, being the only one I can
get
to. From a command line using dsmadmc -se=adsm it still connects with
tsm-west. With -se option not used it connects to tsm-west.

Here is what I have in the dsm.opt. Too much info, not enough or wrong
settings? I tried changing TCPPort to 1501 on adsm but I still get the same
thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SERVERNAME                         adsm

  LANG                                     AMENG

  COMMmethod                         TCPIP

  TCPServeraddress                   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

  TCPPort                                  1500

  NODEname                             AVS

  REPLACE                               PROMPT

  TCPBUFFSIZE                        32

  TCPWINDOWSIZE                   63

  passwordaccess                      generate

  SCHEDLOGNAME                   C:\Logs\dsmsched.log

  ERRORLOGNAME                  C:\Logs\dsmerror.log

  SCHEDLOGRETENTION          7,D

  ERRORLOGRETENTION          7,D

  Backupregistry                        yes

  Quiet

SERVERNAME                         tsm-west

  LANG                                     AMENG

  COMMmethod                         TCPIP

  TCPServeraddress                   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

  TCPPort                                  1500

  NODEname                             AVS

  REPLACE                               PROMPT

  TCPBUFFSIZE                        32

  TCPWINDOWSIZE                   63

  passwordaccess                      generate

  SCHEDLOGNAME                   C:\Logs\dsmsched1.log

  ERRORLOGNAME                  C:\Logs\dsmerror1.log

  SCHEDLOGRETENTION          7,D

  ERRORLOGRETENTION          7,D

  Backupregistry                        yes

  Quiet

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer