ADSM-L

tsmdlst - no wwpns for devices

2004-09-28 09:27:41
Subject: tsmdlst - no wwpns for devices
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:22:59 +0000
Hi All

Hope you can help.  I;ve set up a few storage agents on win2k over the last
couple of months but have come across a problem recently with a couple of
servers. After configuring the tape drives in windows, i.e installing the
device driver, and installing storage agent, tsmdlst displays all the tape
devices

so i can see the mt.x.x.x.x devices but none of them are showing any WWPN
information so its a bit tricky to define my paths on the TSM Server.  I
have another server using the same drives and tsmdlst on it shows the wwpns
ok.

TSM Server 5.2.2.3
Storage agent 5.2.2.3
Win2k SP3

has anyone got any ideas as to why the WWPNs are not displaying and how i
fix this.?

Thanks

Chris