ADSM-L

Re: Effects of password expiration when client is off

2004-09-28 08:49:04
Subject: Re: Effects of password expiration when client is off
From: Ian Hobbs <little_brutus AT ROGERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:50:51 -0400
Couple of questions,

 Are you running the scheduler service, or the CAD?

 If the password is expired, and before you do a reset of the password and
restart of the scheduler, what
happens if you do a dsmc q sess?

 Also, what platform? Or does it seem to matter?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:43:57 -0400, Doug Baker wrote:

>> Is the client set for PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE?
>
>Yes, this is in our standard optionset for all clients..
>
>Doug
>>
>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:28:07 -0400, Doug Baker wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all. I am wondering what the effects of password expiration are when a
>> >client scheduler is turned off. Let's say we have all passwords to expire
>> >every 90 days. If a client machine (or scheduler service) is turned off
>> at
>> >day 89, and then turns on at day 91, does it "miss" a window of automatic
>> >synchronization? Or will it just reset itself the next time it turns on?

Ian Hobbs
little_brutus AT rogers DOT com
"Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience."
-Dilbert