ADSM-L

Default Server option

2004-09-23 15:29:21
Subject: Default Server option
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:30:29 -0400
Hello All!

We are trying to use the default server option within the dsm.sys file due
to the fact that we will soon be migrating to a new TSM server instance and
it does not seem to work... Our current/default server we use is ADSM and
the new instance is TSMDEV as shown below.  Does anyone have any idea as to
why this isn't working?  We are trying this on an AIX 5.2 client which is
at the 5.2.0 level and we are also going to need this on the Solaris
clients as well.  Our current TSM servers are on the mainframe at 5.1.8.3
and our new TSM 5.2.2.5 servers are AIX 5.2.  Any help/insight  would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

DEFAULTSERVER   ADSM
* Tivol Storage Manager                                   *
*                                                                      *
*        Client System Options file for UNIX clients  (dsm.sys)        *
*  02/20/2004 -- new server:
*    test.  Changed the TCPPort and TCPServeraddress

SErvername      ADSM
             NODENAME                      CHRS044
        COMMmethod                         TCPip
             TCPPort                                   1500
             TCPServeraddress        ADSMBSV
             Inclexcl
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.backup.excl
             COMPression                         OFF

CHangingretries 2

TCPBUFFSIZE        32
TCPWINDOWSIZE            64
TXNBYTELIMIT             25600
TCPNODELAY         YES
LARGECOMMBUFF            YES
ERRORLOGNAME             /tmp/dsmerror.log
passwordaccess  generate
passworddir     /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
users                    patrol root
GROUPS          system
SCHEDLOGNAME    /tmp/dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRETENTION  7

* TSM Server on UNIX-AIX chrs044
SErvername      TSMDEV
             NODENAME                      CHRS044
        COMMmethod                         TCPip
             TCPPort                                   1500
             TCPServeraddress        TSMDEV
             Inclexcl
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.backup.excl
             COMPression                         OFF

CHangingretries 2

TCPBUFFSIZE        32
TCPWINDOWSIZE            64
TXNBYTELIMIT             25600
TCPNODELAY         YES
LARGECOMMBUFF            YES
ERRORLOGNAME             /tmp/dsmerror.log
passwordaccess  generate
passworddir     /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
users                    patrol root
GROUPS          system
SCHEDLOGNAME    /tmp/dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRETENTION  7