ADSM-L

Re: Off-Topic: Question regarding IBM vs. EMC storage

2004-09-23 10:18:20
Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Question regarding IBM vs. EMC storage
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:19:21 -0600
        We are about to make that leap of faith.

        We are upgrading our 46 3590 drives to 3592 drives. Part of the
work will be to go from a direct-attach of the drives to a SAN fabric.
It makes the whole project a little more complex and a little more
expensive, but we are hoping that it will position us better for the
future.

        Crossing my fingers that conversion will go as planned.

Ben