ADSM-L

Re: schedule of SQL LOG backup

2004-09-21 23:52:05
Subject: Re: schedule of SQL LOG backup
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:06:12 -0700
I have  a customer that runs log backups every hour.  For some systems they
can't loose more than 5 minutes of data.  For those systems they implement
clustering.  Going with Marks idea can they afford to wait 10 hours for you to
replay logs. In that time they can't backup the data because you are running a
restore.  If the real need is full time access to data without 0 potential for
data loss then they shouldn't be relying solely on a backup application.

Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA> wrote: Hi Mark ...
So with that setup ... worst case ... they will loose 4 hours of work ???

I'm working in a hospital ... so even 1 hours lost of lab result or
patient appointment can be kind of hell

anyway .. if there is no way of putting minutes ... I will put the
minimum ... 1 hours ...

thanks a lot Mark

Luc

"Stapleton, Mark"