ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade time...

2004-09-21 22:49:49
Subject: Re: Upgrade time...
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:51:47 -0500
Yep, Thanks for asking :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU [mailto:zforray AT VCU DOT EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:57 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Have you done the infamous CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS ?

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
09/21/2004 05:54 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Upgrade time...

I could use a little help.  I am at TSM Win 4.2.3.1 on my server and need
upgrade to 5.2 or so.  Probably to 5.2.2.3.

I have a 3583 with LTO1's, all freshly upgraded to current microcode a
week
or two ago.

Any special gotcha's I should look for?

>From what I have skimmed (I would say read, but I know I miss stuff),  it
looks like:

Do an un-install of the TSM device driver.

Do an un-install of the TSM server.

Install the new versions of both.

This seems to simple.  Are there any conversion utilities I should use?
Special commands to clean up the database? Etc? etc?

Just not wanting to miss anything.