ADSM-L

3590 SAN topology

2004-09-16 11:10:52
Subject: 3590 SAN topology
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:02:33 -0400
We are attempting to set up TSM server running under mainframe Linux,
using 3590 tape drives. We have never been able to get Linux to
report the existence of the tape drives in /proc/scsi/scsi. The
SAN switch is reporting that the tape drives are using the arbitrated
loop topology. The manuals shipped with the drives indicate that
arbitrated loop is the default topology. Do we or our field engineers
need to do something to reconfigure the drives for the switched fabric
topology?