ADSM-L

Re: linux client setup through firewall - what source port?

2004-09-13 14:32:28
Subject: Re: linux client setup through firewall - what source port?
From: Sal Mangiapane <salm AT VITALDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:32:35 -0400
Can the computers "ping" each other.  It may be a networking problem and
one computer does not have a "route" to the other computer.

Best Regards,

Sal
Vital Data Systems, LLC

Stef Coene wrote:
On Monday 13 September 2004 15:35, T. Lists wrote:

So, what you're telling me is as long as I've got port
1500 open, I should be ok?  The sending port is
irrelevant?

Yep.

So what else could be my problem, 'cause it ain't
working.

Best you can do is ask your firewall guy if he can check the firewall logs to
see if the firewall somehow drops the packets.  Also, you can check the
firewall logs to see if the firewall sees the connection to the TSM server.

Stef