ADSM-L

Storport or SCSIport drivers in W2K3?

2004-09-30 12:49:18
Subject: Storport or SCSIport drivers in W2K3?
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:49:22 +0100
Hi there

I've got to set up a Windows 2003 TSM server to access some SAN-based tape
drives. When installing the drivers for the (Emulex) HBAs I have a choice
between two different driver models - the Storport drivers and the SCSIport
drivers. I've always used SCSIport drivers on Windows 2000, but the
Storport drivers for Windows 2003 are supposed to offer better performance.

Anybody got any experience with Storport drivers, especially with TSM, who
would like to share their opinions?

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Take a tour of a virtual waste water treatment works at
http://www.wastewatertour.com
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682