ADSM-L

Re: [SUMMARY] Empty Tapes are NOT Empty?

2004-09-27 13:55:47
Subject: Re: [SUMMARY] Empty Tapes are NOT Empty?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:56:37 -0500
Thanks to Dough Thorneycroft, James choate , Tracy (tlists?),

To check the tapes, I retrieved them from offsite, put them in the library
(acc=reado), and did a move data on them.  A few of my tapes in question
evidently had a file or two I missed in my working through them that could
not be re-constituted from the on-site library (very un-nerving).  So this
was a 'non-problem'.

I did check my tapes using 'q vol VOLNAME f=d' and the ones in question were
100% reclaim and 0% occupied.

I did a 'q content VOLNAME' and the volume had no content.

Doing a 'audit vol VOLNAME fix=yes' cleared up the problem with these
volumes!

In my understanding there was a minor database 'anomaly' related to this
volume that was corrected by the 'audit volume' command.

As always this list is a GREAT help!