ADSM-L

Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed

2004-09-24 15:21:08
Subject: Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed
From: "Wells, William" <william.wells AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:21:07 -0500
We recently had a situation where the libv became out of sync and an audit
libv could not be run without errors. The situation that caused this was
after IBM came out to insert another i/o port for J1 drives. What we ended
up doing was deleteing all drives paths and the library. We then redefined
the library, the drives and paths and everything came back after first doing
a checkin for all scratches and then all privates.

The volume list that is kept in the db is all that is required. q vol to
checkin all vols in the library after redefining the library and drives.
Regards
Will