ADSM-L

Re: Need evidence of successful BRMS/TSM sharing 3494

2004-09-24 08:11:00
Subject: Re: Need evidence of successful BRMS/TSM sharing 3494
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:10:34 -0500
We used to do the same thing, before moving the AS400 backups to BRMS/TSM.
Just make sure you use different private and scratch catagories.

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
09/23/2004 09:23 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Need evidence of successful BRMS/TSM sharing 3494

When you use a 3494 you already *have* a library manager.

Just allocate different categories for AS400 and TSM.

I had a 3 bay 3494 with two 3590E  drives SCSI connected to an AS400 and 4
drives connected to a P690 running TSM.
Worked fine.  Just had to do a little operator training to sort out the
two sets of check-in/check out processes.

Steve.

>>> dangiles AT SYMPATICO DOT CA 24/09/2004 8:09:15 >>>
Currently, BRMS has a 3494 and TSM has its own (in different locations).
We are bringing the AS/400s into this data centre. The AS/400 people WILL
NOT share the library unless we get "proof" that it can be done
successfully. (Sharing will take less floor space and give us high
availability for the same cost.)

Note, we are probably not interested in a TSM agent for BRMS. We still
want to keep these two beasts off each other throats. So, we are simply
looking for other datacentres that have BRMS and TSM sharing a PARTITIONED
3494.

If TSM can act as a library manager for BRMS (i.e. easily share drives)
that would be of interest also.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it; and if you don't mind, the AS/400
people would probably like to converse with you later.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Giles
416.402.9744  dangiles AT sympatico DOT ca

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is
not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of
this email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return email.  You should also delete this email and
destroy any hard copies produced.