ADSM-L

Re: Default Server option

2004-09-23 16:19:27
Subject: Re: Default Server option
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:19:17 -0400
I guess to clarify, we put the defaultserver parameter into the dsm.sys
file at the top and want all backups/archives to still go to the ADSM
server, not TSMDEV server.  Currently when we try any backups/archives with
the setup provided it STILL tries to go to TSMDEV.  I'm confused as to why
this is occuring... I guess from your question you are asking if we issued
the command via dsmadmc or if it was a scheduled backup?  It was done via
dsmadmc.  Even though we stated that the default server should be ADSM,
from your statement, I am assuming that we still have to use
-SErvername=ADSM in order to get it to go to the default server?  I had
thought that the defaultserver parameter would automatically take care of
thought that the defaultserver parameter would automatically take care of
this.  We don't want it going to TSMDEV yet since I still have some things
to set up before testing begins and that is exactly where it IS going.  I
hope my babbling made some sense....  If not, let me know.  Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Richard Sims"
             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: Default Server option

             09/23/2004 04:06
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

>We are trying to use the default server option within the dsm.sys file due
>to the fact that we will soon be migrating to a new TSM server instance
and
>it does not seem to work... Our current/default server we use is ADSM and
>the new instance is TSMDEV as shown below.  Does anyone have any idea as
>why this isn't working? ...

Joni - You need to tell us how the client attempted to use the new stanza.
       Has to be invoked with  -SErvername=TSMDEV
since the  DEFAULTSERVER   ADSM
spec is still in effect in your client options file.
Beyond that, you have to tell us what evidence indicates "...isn't
working".

   Richard Sims