ADSM-L

Re: TDP Log file backup running for a very long time

2004-09-21 23:46:28
Subject: Re: TDP Log file backup running for a very long time
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:13:16 -0700
Thanks Del.

Last night I changed everything to the defaults and used one stripe.  The
backup ran in 2 or 3 minutes.  I plan to run more tests next week
experiementing with different settings for stripe, buffers and such to see what
yeilds the best results.  Also, the restore of the 2.5 TB DB I hit the
"commtimeout" issue.  A quick search of the list archives and I found many
notes from you on the subject so changing commtimeout to 10000 solved that
problem as well.  Thanks for that as well.

Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM> wrote:
Data Protection for SQL creates a separate TSM Server session
for each stripe and then waits for the SQL Server to send data
to each stripe. The SQL Server determines which data goes
to which stripe, and writes the data to it.