ADSM-L

Re: UNIX

2004-09-21 21:08:43
Subject: Re: UNIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:08:39 -0400
>I am having a problem with backing up a certain file structure in AIX
>5.2.  The file structure is about seven layers deep and in the last
>directory layer are a set of 10 files that the schedule skips every
>night.  I checked there are no excludes, I tried to put in includes
>without anything working.  If I try to backup them up manually, the
>results are that TSM inspects the files but does not back them up.  Any
>ideas would greatly be appreciated, and Thank you in advance

When posting client problems such as this, always tell us whether there
were any allied messages or indications in the dsmerror.log .
And it would help us to know the details of the backup attempt:
Incremental or Selective, whether any special options in effect, how
the file system objects were specified - and whether the backup was
attempted as root.  The type of file system and type of file objects
(ordinary, Special, symlink, directory, etc.) would be useful to know.

   Richard Sims