ADSM-L

Re: D2D on AIX

2004-09-20 14:30:23
Subject: Re: D2D on AIX
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <Zlatko_Krastev/ACIT AT AKIT DOT BIZ>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:12:50 +0300
/testfs may grow to 1 TB

there is a way to cheat:
def v filepool /test2fs/file0000
def v filepool /test2fs/file0001
so using a script you can manually define more volumes outside the
devclass-defined directory. their sizes are as defined in the devclass.

another approach might be hierarchy of filepools:
 def devclass fileclass1 devtype=file maxcap=64g dir=/test1fs
 def stgpool filepool1 fileclass1 pooltype=primary maxscratch=100
 def devclass fileclass2 devtype=file maxcap=64g dir=/test2fs
 def stgpool filepool2 fileclass2 pooltype=primary maxscratch=100
 upd stg filepool1 next=filepool2
 def devclass fileclass3 devtype=file maxcap=64g dir=/test3fs
 def stgpool filepool3 fileclass3 pooltype=primary maxscratch=100
 upd stg filepool2 next=filepool3

You have to take into account that the latter is unusual and during the
years there were some nasty APARs for hierarchies of more than two storage
pools (DISKPOOL -> TAPEPOOL).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>