ADSM-L

Re: AIX Paging Space Utilization

2004-09-16 20:02:20
Subject: Re: AIX Paging Space Utilization
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:02:20 -0400
>I have two TSM instances running on the same box and recently (after a
>reboot) I've seen the paging space utilization increase dramatically. I've
>gotten to the point where I have to stop one of the instances of TSM and
>let the system recover paging space, then restart TSM.  Anyone have any
>tips? ...

IBM has...  See the TSM Performance Tuning Guide as a solid starter.
If paging remains a big issue, and your efforts to identify it or reduce
it go nowhere, consider using raw logical volumes, which gets TSM
administrative space out of JFS, where that participates in AIX virtual
memory.

  Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs