ADSM-L

Re: Relabel of 3592

2004-09-16 13:06:56
Subject: Re: Relabel of 3592
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:08:25 -0500
Have you tried the dsmlabel command with the -overwrite option?
Jim Sporer

At 06:40 PM 9/16/2004 +0200, you wrote:
Hello *SMers,

I have some 3494 with 3592 drives, but unfortunately a new set of tapes
was sent with the wrong labels. We relabelled the tapes on the outside,
but they were also initialised.
  There is no possibility to "label libv", as some of the labels are
already known to the TSM-Server - they overlap with labels in another
library.

One solution is to erase the tapes with tapeutil - 2 hours per tape, I
have 200 of these little bastards.
The other solution is to send the tapes back to the supplier.

Any other hints to get rid of the label on the tapes?

--
Michael Prix                                Unter den Eichen 7
System Engineer                             D-65195 Wiesbaden