ADSM-L

Re: Script

2004-09-16 10:10:39
Subject: Re: Script
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:10:34 -0600
        Hmm... how about this simple little ditty I just altered off of
another script I use to kill processes? It is a ksh script, not a TSM
internal script, but it might be adjusted to do so:

*****************
# This is a simple script used to kill any
# "Reclamation" processes that may be running/
# And start a DB backup.

DQ=`cat /some/dumb/file`

for i in $($DQ "select PROCESS_NUM from processes where PROCESS like
'Reclamation'" |grep '[0-9]' |grep -v '[A-z]')
do
$DQ can proc $i
done
sleep 120
$DQ BACKUP DB DEV=3590DEV TYPE=FULL SCRATCH=YES

        Note the DQ variable is a root-only read-only file that has a
TSM administrative user and password in it. Pseudo security. It looks
like this:
        /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=killer -pass=process

        The difficult thing you will encounter will be that the
reclamations will again spawn after a short period...

Ben