ADSM-L

Re: Optimizing Exchange backup/recover?

2004-09-10 13:16:13
Subject: Re: Optimizing Exchange backup/recover?
From: Robert Clark <raclark AT REGENCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:16:03 -0700
We ran into one performance issue where the NIC and a Fibre Channel card
were sharing an interrupt.  When the backups started, the high interrupt
count on both the FC and fast ethernet cards was causing problems.

Once the network traffic was moved to a different card (and consequently a
different interrupt), things started performing as expected.

Thanks, [RC]

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Hart, Charles"      |
|         |           <charles.hart@MEDTRON|
|         |           IC.COM>              |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: Dist |
|         |           Stor Manager"        |
|         |           <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU|
|         |           >                    |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           09/10/2004 06:29 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor     |
|         |           Manager"             |
|         |                                |
|         |           |-------------------||
|         |           | [ ] Secure E-mail ||
|         |           |-------------------||
|---------+-------------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                    |
  |     cc:
                                             |
  |     Subject:      Re: Optimizing Exchange backup/recover?

We are investigating the use of GigE based backups for Exchange, but
recently we heard from our messaging team that Microsoft was doing GigE on
Exchange and kept running in to degrading performance issues.

Is anyone on the list having any success with GigE backups for MS Exchange?

Regards,

Charles