ADSM-L

Reducing reuse delay - immediate effect ?

2004-09-08 06:44:42
Subject: Reducing reuse delay - immediate effect ?
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:44:29 +0200
Hi List,

Due to numerous new client installations, I'm expecting a shortage of
scratch volumes in our library, and was thinking of reducing reuse delay
values for our storage pools from 7 to 5 days. I was wondering if this
will have an immediate effect (tape that would have return to scratch
tomorrow and the day after will make it today), or if only new pending
tapes will be affected by the new reuse delay. Also is there an impact
on DRM, I should take care of ?
TIA.
Regards.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******