ADSM-L

upgrading tsm 5.1.8.0 to 5.2.2.3 and 3494/3590 driver issues

2004-09-07 11:46:21
Subject: upgrading tsm 5.1.8.0 to 5.2.2.3 and 3494/3590 driver issues
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:46:19 -0800
We're running TSM V5.1.8.0 on W2k. One server uses a 3494/3590s via SCSI
along with some other SCSI tape drives. I want to upgrade to V5.2.2.3
and see that there are 3590 driver issues. It looks like that the new
TSM version needs to use a new Magstar driver for the 3490s rather than
the TSM SCSI driver.

Now I have to tell you that not being a Windows admin and having to
change the drivers for our primary storage pool drives makes me very
uncomfortable.  If it doesn't work when I'm done, diagnosis and recovery
will likely be very difficult for me with my limited windows background.

Have any of you fought this battle and can you give me a heads up on how
you went about it?

--
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783