ADSM-L

New error message after server upgrade

2004-09-03 10:07:28
Subject: New error message after server upgrade
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:07:27 -0400
Just upgraded my AIX server from 5.2.1.3 to 5.2.3.2.

Now I am seeing these error messages from various clients....

9/2/2004 6:13:11 PM ANR1339W Session 710 underestimated a size allocation
request - 222MB more space was allocated to allow the operation to
continue.

I searched IBM.COM and found APAR IC37437 which says:

RECOMMENDATION: Apply the PTF containing this fix once it is available.
This is expected to be available in 5.1.9.0 and 5.2.2.0.

Of the three clients that reported this error, only 1 is below these
levels !

Can someone give me more details on whether this has really been
addressed/fixed in 5.2.2.x/5.2.3.x ?

Was this on *ALL* client platforms ?

Another entry I found on IBM.COM said to add:   txnbytelimit 25600 to the
opt file ?

Anyone have experience with this problem/condition ?  We have never seen
this, before.