ADSM-L

Switching to Domino DR Server

2004-09-03 05:43:27
Subject: Switching to Domino DR Server
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:43:11 +0100
Hi  all,

Our  DR Project Leader has decided to carry out the following exercise one
Saturday.:-
Switch from our Domino Production Server(S2321) to the DR Server(S2401)
and run for
several days, before switching back.

 At the moment the DR server is the "Alternate Restore Server " for TDP
databases and it
 also houses Transaction logs for the Production Server.

 During this time the Production Server will be switched off. This is
something we have not
 attempted before.  The servers are not of identical hardware spec..  I
thought I mention it,
in case it has implications.

My involvement will be on the TSM  and TDP for Domino front only, and I am
still worried!
This will involve restoring the Notes non-database, restoring the
databases files to the
DR server and activating and applying transaction logs.

I will need to initiate  the daily standard TSM backup for the DR Server
and I am
not certain  about the TDP for Domino backup !
Would it be wise to retain the old Domino node name (S2321_Domino)?
Would it just add to the existing Domino backups ?
 It would be nice to have just one lot !

Would I  need to set TDP Archive Log & TDP Inactivate log schedules too ?
Or could I use the existing  schedules (if using the old Domino node name
(s2321_DOMINO))

Few days later I will need to worry about switching back .

Any advice from someone who has experience would be much appreciated.

Windows Server 2003
TSM Backup/Archive 5.2.2.0
 TDP for Domino 5.1.5.01

T.I.A