ADSM-L

Re: How to run a unix shell script by an administrative schedule ?

2004-09-02 10:03:43
Subject: Re: How to run a unix shell script by an administrative schedule ?
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:03:16 -0400
I also do my scheduling via cron and have the cron job call admin
scripts but of course you run into the problem of hard coding a password
somewhere.  You could also try something like:

Last step in admin schedule: q stg >
/tmp/flags/BACKUP_SCHEDULE_DONE.FLAG

Then have cron schedule your shell script to start at the same time as
your admin schedule and have the shell script do the following:

while true
do
        if [ -a /tmp/flags/BACKUP_SCHEDULE_DONE.FLAG ] ; then
                rm /tmp/flags/BACKUP_SCHEDULE_DONE.FLAG
                copy important files
                exit
        fi