ADSM-L

Re: How to run a unix shell script by an administrative schedule ?

2004-09-01 18:36:41
Subject: Re: How to run a unix shell script by an administrative schedule ?
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:35:55 -0500
Guenther Bergmann wrote:

Hi *SMers,

I have set up an administrative schedule, which does the following:
- backup all primary pools to copy pool
- backup db to tape
- delete older db backups.
Next step should be to copy some important files (volhist.out,
devconf.out etc) to a remote server. I've written a shell script to
accomplish this.
Question: How can this shell script be called by the above mentioned
admin. schedule?

Any help is appreciated

regards Guenther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Guenther_Bergmann at gbergmann dot de

Guenther,

You can not do this directly as a "Admin Schedule", however you could do
a little trick and get it done.  I am assuming that the TSM server
system also has a TSM node assigned to it.  If so you could run a client
schedule that calls the OS level script.  But you might just consider
running this script from an OS scheduler like cron if it is a Unix machine.

I hope that helps.

--
Regards,
Regards,

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE