ADSM-L

Domino - inactivate logs

2004-09-01 07:43:04
Subject: Domino - inactivate logs
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:42:59 +0200
Hi,

Some of my Domino TDP logs wont expire and of course I wonder why...
I do weekly selective and inactivate and a daily incremental backup. Trans.
log backup every hour.

When I browse View/Restore log archive in TDP I see trans.logs from
December last year?!?
Wouldnt they be gone with following mgmtclass?

tsm: STO-W03>q copy notes-tdp active

Policy        Policy        Mgmt          Copy          Versions
Versions       Retain      Retain
Domain        Set Name      Class         Group             Data
Data        Extra        Only
Name                        Name          Name            Exists
Deleted     Versions     Version
---------     ---------     ---------     ---------     --------
--------     --------     -------
--------     --------     -------
NOTES-TDP     ACTIVE        DAILY-TDP     STANDARD      No Limit
NoNOTES-TDP     ACTIVE        DAILY-TDP     STANDARD      No Limit     No
Limit           35          35

I use:
TSM server 5.2.2.5
Domino server 6.0 Build 194
TSM Client 5.1.6.6
TDP 5.1.5.1

DOMINA.CMD:
set dom_dir=c:\statoil.net\utils\TSM\domino
cd /d %dom_dir%
echo Current date is: >> domina.log
date /t < NUL >> domina.log
echo Current time is: >> domina.log
time /t < NUL >> domina.log
start /B domdsmc inactivatelogs /adsmoptfile=dsm.opt /logfile=domiasch.log
>> domina.log

DOMIASCH.LOG:
30-08-2004 04:05:16 ============== Log file pruned using log retention
period of 60 day(s)
30-08-2004 04:05:16 ============== 8 out of 72 entries pruned from the top
of this log
30-08-2004 04:05:16 Request                       : INACTIVATE LOGS
30-08-2004 04:05:16 TSM Nodename Override         :
30-08-2004 04:05:16 TSM Options File              : dsm.opt
30-08-2004 04:05:16 Server Name Override          :
DOMINA.LOG:
DOMINA.LOG:
Current date is:
2004-08-30
Current time is:
4:05
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
Data Protection for Lotus Domino
Version 5, Release 1, Level 5.01
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2002. All rights reserved.
ACD5221I The C:\statoil.net\utils\TSM\domino\domiasch.log log file has been
pruned successfully.
Number of Logs Inactivated: 0

Med vänlig hälsning

 Henrik Wahlstedt          Statoil                   Phone: +46 8 429 6325

 KTJ IT NED SE1            Torkel Knutssonsgatan 24  Mobile: +46 70 429 6325

                           118 88 Stockholm          E-mail:

                           Sverige                   Henrik.Wahlstedt AT
statoil DOT com

this message.
Thank you.