ADSM-L

NetWare NDS backup

2004-09-01 14:41:53
Subject: NetWare NDS backup
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:28:02 -0400
TSMers,

TSM server 5.2.2 on AIX 5.2.2
TSM cliient NetWare 6.5

We were setting up a few new NetWare NDS replica servers (xSeries 345)
and tried NDS incremental backup. I noticed that;

1.  'dsmc i NDS:' will backup all the objects again and again as if
there is no true incremental backup of it. Documentation says about
'domain' option for ENTIRE NDS bacckup. So, do I have no choice, but
backing up the entire objects every night?
2. NDS backup was taking too long. Changed dsm.opt parameters; tcpw 64;
txnb=25600 and it helped a little bit. Any other suggestion on tunning
parameter for NetWare client backup?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Gus