ADSM-L

Re: Select for Tape Use

2004-08-31 19:13:19
Subject: Re: Select for Tape Use
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:07:12 -0400
It helps to know what you're trying to accomplish.  The original request
sounded to me like a request to know what files got backed up to which
tapes.  What I know think you want is amount of data backed up per
storage pool or maybe per node.  That is a very different query!

So maybe something like this is what you want:?

select stgpool_name,node_name,sum(physical_mb) as "MB Stored" from
occupancy group by stgpool_name,node_name

Or maybe

select stgpool_name as "Storage Pool ", -

   cast(count(*) as decimal(6,0)) as "Volumes", -
   cast(sum(est_capacity_mb/1024/100*pct_utilized) as
 decimal(8,0)) as "GB in Pool", -
   cast(avg(est_capacity_mb/1024/100*pct_utilized) as
 decimal(7,0)) as "Average/Tape", -
   cast(max(est_capacity_mb/1024/100*pct_utilized) as
 decimal(7,0)) as "Max/Tape" -
from volumes -
where status not in ('PENDING','EMPTY') -
   and stgpool_name not like '%DSK' -
group by stgpool_name -
order by 1

>>> Don_Owings AT CSGSYSTEMS DOT COM 08/31/04 4:25 PM >>>
Why you ask?  Because I'm having to justify ordering tapes and in order
to do that I have to organize the data in order create some type of
forecasting.  What I'm looking for is a down and dirty select statement
that just shows the previous nights usage.  Maybe it's in TSM but I
haven't found it, plus I'm dealing with TB's of data so I need it
consolidated.

Hope that clarifies what I'm trying to do.

Don