ADSM-L

Client summary not stored in summary table

2004-08-30 10:17:10
Subject: Client summary not stored in summary table
From: "Coolen, IG (Ilja)" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:16:50 +0200
Hi there.

Since we upgraded to TSM 5.1 a while back, the client activity is no longer
stored in the summary table.
We are now running TSM Server 5.2.2.4 on AIX 5.2 (ML3) and still no client
actitivity is stored.

Clients versions vary from 5.1.6.9 to 5.2.2.9 on Sun Solaris, AIX and
Windows. Even some VMware clients are active.
None of the clients' activities are stored in the summary table.
My guess is that the server is the purpetrator in this scenario, because it
is very unlikely to be all the client's fault.
Maybe it is some setting somewhere, or maybe it is a bug. In the case of a
bug, i'd expect it to be reported here way sooner. In case of some setting,
i am unable to trace back to what setting this could be.
Coul'd it be some event we disabled? The only events we disabled are
sessions started and sessions ended normally for the clients and admins,
process not found messages are also disabled.
So, what coul'd it be?

All other activity like tape mounts, database backups and so on is stored.
The summaryretention option is set to 31 days.
It's just the client activity.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl
Centrale Mailbox         : Centrale Mailbox - BS Storage         (eumbx05)

  _____

- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -

=====DISCLAIMER=================================================================

De informatie in dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor
de geadresseerde. Wanneer u dit bericht per abuis ontvangt, verzoeken wij u
contact op te nemen met de afzender per kerende e-mail. Verder verzoeken wij u
in dat geval dit e-mailbericht te vernietigen en de inhoud ervan aan niemand
openbaar te maken. Wij aanvaarden geen aansprakelijkheid voor onjuiste,
onvolledige dan wel ontijdige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden
e-mailbericht, noch voor daarbij overgebrachte virussen.

It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have
received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail;
please delete in this case the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person. We don't accept liability for any errors, omissions, delays of receipt
or viruses in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.