ADSM-L

Re: Seesion canceled with ANR0488W, as backup is running OK.

2004-08-27 08:19:23
Subject: Re: Seesion canceled with ANR0488W, as backup is running OK.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:20:19 -0400
>I have a node (tsm 5.2.3 on Windows 2003 server) having unusualy (for us
>at least ..) big files to backup : > 100 GB.
>Unfortunately, everytime I try to do a backup from those files, TSM
>server (5.2.2.1 on AIX 5.2) breaks the session after a while with
>ANR0488W, complaining that througputdatathreshold and/or
>throughputtimethreshold have been reached, despite the fact that backup
>is running properly with an average 10MB/s rate. ...

Arnaud - When you encounter something like this that just doesn't make sense,
         it's probably a defect.  In such cases, check the IBM site for a
problem report.  In this case, search on the ANR0488W and you'll find an APAR on
this one.

We don't know the reason for your site having chosen to monitor sessions via the
THROUGHPUTT* options, but you should consider putting their values back to 0
until you can boost your server maintenance level.

    Richard Sims