ADSM-L

Re: Need help with select command

2004-08-26 15:05:01
Subject: Re: Need help with select command
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:05:54 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Karla Ross
>I am trying to find the tapes needed to recover only the
>"active" backups of a client.  I used the following select
>command and it gives me a list of all tapes for all backups of
>that client.  How can I narrow the search to just "active" backups?
>
>select volume_name,filespace_name from volumeusage where -
>node_name='CLIENT NAME' and stgpool_name='STGPOOL'

Check the archives in search.adsm.org. This subject has been discussed
thoroughly in the last year. Why exactly do you need this information,
anyway?

(If you get a select statement that works, be prepared to have it take
hours if not days to run, with a *lot* of database activity.)

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627