ADSM-L

Re: Licensing

2004-08-26 08:53:35
Subject: Re: Licensing
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:54:13 -0400
Yes, the node that used to be lan free is still an active node and still has
(lots) of data on tsm.  It just does not use lan free anymore.  The Server
definition for the storage agent that the lan free client used to use was
removed from tsm over a year ago.

David

>>> Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE 8/25/2004 3:30:25 AM >>>
Hi

Does the storage agent node (_SA) have data within TSM? If not, you need
to remove the storage agent node from the TSM server(which shouldnt be a
problem, as the node in question is no longer using LAN-free
functionality). That should also remove the license requirement.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
2004-08-24 18:40
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Licensing

That would tell TSM that I'm not doing any SAN but a Q LIC shows that
TSM still thinks I'M doing SAN.  So the question again is how to
convince TSM that the old node is no longer doing Lan Free.

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 8/24/2004 11:55:52 AM >>>
>I have a node that used to be Lan Free but no longer uses Lan Free.
How
>do I convince TSM licensing to stop counting it as a MGSYSSAN node?

I believe by doing a REGister LICense with Number=0
which unregisters the license.

   Richard Sims