ADSM-L

experience with the command generate backupset

2004-08-24 04:14:33
Subject: experience with the command generate backupset
From: Mark Strasheim <ms AT DEFINITIV-BA DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:15:00 +0200
Aloha,
i'm looking forward to use generate Backupset, the command is relative simple,
but when i have created a backupset, i would need a Database Backup to to make
it work.

I try to let my boss sleep well at night and he sleeps well, if a tape or two
is in a
solide metal safe. So the normal usage of the Tape create would be to recover
from a
fire or a cement mixer that accidental crashed into the serverroom.

So maybe that "generate backupset" thing is the wrong idea for that propose.

Has anyone experience with this command or the total recovery ?

with regrads

Mark Strasheim

        definitiv! business applications GmbH & Co. KG
        Fresnostrasse 14 - 18 · DE-48159 Münster
        Tel. +49 (0) 251 21092 - 23 · Fax +49 (0) 251 21092 - 29
        <mailto:ms AT definitiv-ba DOT de> mailto:ms AT definitiv-ba DOT de ·
        <http://www.definitiv-ba.de/> http://www.definitiv-ba.de