ADSM-L

Re: Linux Backup strange message.........

2004-08-22 20:12:24
Subject: Re: Linux Backup strange message.........
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:12:55 -0400
>Aborted72GB> [ - ]
>
>Any suggestions/clues/ideas ?

Zoltan - I don't believe we've yet heard whether there is supplementary
         information to be had in the client dsmerror.log and/or the
TSM server Activity Log regarding this terminated session.  I suspect
that the Aborted is a (needlessly) terse indication of a Unix Signal...

ECONNABORTED    72      Software caused connection abort.
                        (TCP/IP error code 10053.)
                        A connection abort was caused internal to your host
                        machine.
                        Basically, the other end of the connection went away:
                        the socket is "dead".  This could occur when the server
                        is so slow to service requests that the client times out
                        the connection - gives up waiting for service - and the
                        server gets this errno as a result, as seen on accept().

Your Linux OS messages log may also have indications relating to the problem.
Whereas you indicate that this client is traversing a very large number of
files in the Incremental, you may find that the server timed the client out:
server timeout values may need boosting.

   Richard Sims