ADSM-L

Passwords for client restores

2004-08-20 11:55:36
Subject: Passwords for client restores
From: "Park, Rod" <rod.park AT TYSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:40:30 -0500
 Right now we have about 800 clients and to do a restore, the password is
the same for all clients. How are others doing this. We don't want to be in
the business of password generation/maintenance to change passwords all the
time. We also don't want just anybody being able to do a restore on any box
because the passwords are the same everywhere. We are probably going to get
hammered by auditors before long about having the same password. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please
notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this
email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or
unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of
any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.