ADSM-L

Re: Linux Backup strange message.........

2004-08-19 09:46:44
Subject: Re: Linux Backup strange message.........
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:46:57 -0400
My Linux guru checked the ulimit values and said it was pretty much
unlimited !

What would I check ?  How would I check it ?   What is the realistic limit
?

I do know that when we navigated down the suspected filesystem dir and did
backups of individual sub-sub-dirs, the file counts were in the 500K+.

But, we do full incremental daily backups of our mail systems, which then
scan 12Million files, with no issues (of course, on AIX !).

"Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
08/19/2004 08:00 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Linux Backup strange message.........

A stab in the dark, but is the O/S killing the process because of
resource limits?