ADSM-L

TSM client backup/restore using WEB, using TSM to do AFS backup/restore

2004-08-18 19:30:48
Subject: TSM client backup/restore using WEB, using TSM to do AFS backup/restore
From: Yahya Ilyas <Yahya.Ilyas AT ASU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:15:07 -0700
Is it possible to do TSM client backup or restore using WEB?

We use AFS (Andrew File System) and I am planning to do user data backups using
TSM (50,000+ users).  I am also looking for a way to allow our users to do
restores themselves.  If it is not possible to use web for client restores,
what other way can users do restores if they don't have to log in to TSM client.

We have 8 AFS servers, and currently we do AFS volume backup on TSM, using
virtual mount points from one of the clients.
TSM server is 5.2.

Thanks