ADSM-L

Re: Deleting volhistory

2004-08-18 01:28:44
Subject: Re: Deleting volhistory
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:28:39 +1000
You can also try using FORCE=YES at the end of the command to force TSM to
delete a backup if you know they exist. This is undocument option in our
version of TSM, doesn't mention anything of it when doing a H DEL VOLH but it
does work. Comes in handy when trying to delete that solitary pesky DBsnapshot
that refuses to go away.

Gordon

                      [email protected]
                      E                        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Deleting volhistory
                      EDU

                      17/08/2004 08:00
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Aloha,

I want to delete old database backups.
I figured out for me self, that: del volh todate=today type=dbb should do the
job.
I also made an new Full DB Backup "today" to fit the needs of that command, but
i always get the message :

del volh todate=today type=dbb
Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) Y
ANR2467I DELETE VOLHISTORY: 0 sequential volume history entries were
successfully deleted.

What wrong with that command ??? what did i miss ???

with regrads

M Nibble

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.