ADSM-L

Qualstar 8466

2004-08-17 08:33:01
Subject: Qualstar 8466
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:26:04 +0200
Hi All,

Has anyone got any experience for connecting a Qualstar 8466 (with 2 x HP
LTO1 drive) to an IBM pSeries, so that I can use that library in
combination with TSM on that box.

Previously this Qualstar was connected to a W2K system with TSM, but that
system has become to small and we now want to move it to the pSeries which
has plenty capacity left.

When I run cfgmgr on AIX all I get is the two HP LTO1 drives but no
library/changer (see below):

# lscfg | grep "1Z-09"
+ scsi1             1Z-09             Wide/Ultra-3 SCSI I/O Controller
+ rmt1              1Z-09-00-1,0      Other SCSI Tape Drive
+ rmt2              1Z-09-00-2,0      Other SCSI Tape Drive

The library is on SCSI ID 0, so imho it should be visible to AIX.
Installing the Atape driver didn't do the trick either (I've tried a
couple of versions from 8.3.6 to 9.0.7).

Regards,

Richard.