ADSM-L

Re: how to label tapes

2004-08-16 12:48:10
Subject: Re: how to label tapes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:48:09 -0400
>I have a new Storage tech L5500 library with ACSLS and a new server I am trying
>to use.  I have 400 new blank LTO tapes in the library and need to label them.
>I am on Storage manage 5.2.3.0.
>Tivoli says this is a known problem and there is no way I can use this library
>until level 5.2.3.4 comes out.

You didn't specify your platform, but the supported devices page
http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBM_TSM_Supported_Devices_for_AIXHPSUNWIN.html
indicates that the library is supported by ITSM.  If you believe that you have
properly configured, and are using the right device driver, then you might call
them back and ask why the info discrepancy.

In any case, before committing the library and drives to TSM, basic OS testing
should be done, to assure native operability.

   Richard Sims