ADSM-L

Restores in test lab

2004-08-13 12:47:45
Subject: Restores in test lab
From: "Cooper, Melinda" <MHCooper AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:47:19 -0700
Disaster Recovery test, getting 'Inaccessible boot device'

We are preparing for an off-site Disaster recovery drill,  in our test
lab I've installed two parallel Windows 2000 servers that mirror our
production environment along with the TSM client V5.1. In the test lab
I've built the operating system with HP SmartStart V7.1 along with
Windows 2000 CD. The production servers have TSM V5.1 installed, the
dsm.opt file has 'domain-all local' so the system objects and files are
being backed up.  In our test environment the first portion is to
restore the system objects.  After the restore is completed then you are
required to reboot the machine.  Since the servers are on dissimilar
hardware we tend to get an 'inaccessible_boot_device' upon reboot.
We've been able to accomplish a work around on one server but are
stumped on the other one. (Both servers in the test lab are the same
model.)

Has anyone encountered this type of situation?  I've done some research
on google but haven't found anything that works.

Melinda Cooper
Senior Information Center Analyst
Work - 425.783.4467
Pager - 425.438.5981